Frequently Asked Questions
What are the high touch points cleaned?
High touch points are cleaned in every guest room prior to the guest’s arrival. These touchpoints include:
- Doors, door hardware and knobs, both sides
- Light switches on wall and lamps
- Remote controls, phone dial pads, surface and handpiece, clock radios and chargers
- Drapery wands, drawer pulls
- Safes, hangers, irons and ironing boards
- Chair backs, armrests, adjustment knobs
- Coffee maker, ice bucket, sink knobs, refrigerator handles and front, microwave touchpad and handles, fronts of countertop
- Wipe packets and bottles with Microfiber cloth and APC
- Currently using individually wrapped cups and cease using glass or china
- Soap holders, hooks, handles and the hair dryer and bath vent
- Swiffer and All-Purpose Cleaner used to dust the headboard, tops of curtains and other high sills and high places beyond arm’s reach
What cleaning products do you use?
The products used are EPA-approved ECOLAB chemicals. Ecolab Peroxide Based Multi-Service Cleaner and Disinfectant EPA reg # 1677-238
- Peroxide based multipurpose disinfectant with cleaning performance on glass and hard surfaces, and fast contact times at low dilution rates
- Fast kill times – 3 minutes (6 oz): Fastest kill time in the industry for dispensed disinfectants
- All-in-one design replaces need for multiple products
- Strong performance on glass and hard surfaces
- Pleasant and mild fragrance
- Mildly acidic for great performance on glass shower doors
- All-in-one design replaces need for multiple products
What cleaning products are used for the bathrooms?
Ecolab Scrub Free which carries an EPA approval rating. This cleaner/disinfectant is used in bathrooms and on tubs.
How many minutes are room attendants given to clean, sanitize and disinfect an occupied guest room?
How long for a room that is being turned?
Approximately 30 and 35 minutes on average.
What is task separation/worker hygiene between handling or collecting soiled linens and then handling clean linens?
Proper PPE is used for all tasks, including single use gloves, gowns and face masks. Linen is transported in covered bins. Soiled cleaning towels are changed out for clean after every room is cleaned. Washers are disinfected when a dirty load is being processed to prevent cross-contamination. Linen is transported in
separate carts for clean or soiled linens.
Which items in the linen package are washed daily when a guest remains in the same room?
Soiled towels upon request, which are exchanged for clean towels.
Which items in the bed linen package are washed between guests?
All (as of June 1, 2020 we converted to multi-sheet instead of bedspreads).
Which items in the bed linen package are NOT washed between guests?
All linens in contact with the guest are laundered. Some items are generally not washed such as bed skirts, pillow protectors and mattress pads.
What are the controls for room turnover and booking?
Will there be implemented minimum gaps (days) between room turnover/occupancy?
Where a guest reported COVID-19 symptoms, we currently apply a 14-day hold on the room before taking next guest.
Otherwise, normal daily turnover practices apply.
Is there fresh air exchange in guest room HVAC units?
Central HVAC System refreshed by interior plenum.
Does the hotel use any specialized air treatments or dryers (ozone, fans) in rooms?
If ozone units are used, what is the re-entry for staff and guests? Rooms that have a known COVID patient within are
treated with HEPA or UV/HEPA devices to mechanically clean the air for a minimum of four hours. All guest rooms and
public areas are cleaned and disinfected with EPA approved chemicals.
Do you have employee health screening protocols and what are the protocols for elevated risk employees?
Associates are required to take temperature 2 hours prior to work and not come if they have elevated temperatures.
Hotel associates are not classified as elevated risk employees.
Are employees required to wear cloth masks? If so, for what tasks or jobs?
May depend on then current governmental or brand recommendations or directives. Atrium direction is for
housekeeping staff to wear masks, gloves and gown. In known COVID rooms, added protections include face shield, N-95 mask
and shoe coverings.
Please state a summary or checklist of the high-touch points that are cleaned, product used, method applied
Hotel Guidance below from Atrium Hospitality, and if state or local guidance requires further measures these are
added. Below are minimum standards.
- All surfaces and equipment, door handles, towel hooks, water spouts etc. to be cleaned a minimum of every two hours with EPA- approved Ecolab All Purpose Cleaner with Peroxide diluted at a rate of 6 oz. per gallon.
- Gym wipes are of a quality to have a disinfectant/sanitizing additive.
- All reading material, magazines disposed of and not accumulated. Only workout mats which can be be properly sanitized in use.
- We are not proactively placing towels on fitness center equipment.
- No whole fruit is permitted.
- Bottled Water, or if in dispenser, ensure frequent disinfecting of the buttons or knobs. Plastic Glasses individually wrapped.
- Headphones must be individually wrapped.
- Sweep Logs maintained after each cleaning.
- Ensure water temperature and pool chemicals are at proper level and logged every two hours.
- Cease the practice of proactively placing towels on chairs or tables.
- All surfaces and equipment, door handles, towel hooks, water spouts etc. to be cleaned a minimum of every two hours with EPA approved Ecolab All Purpose Cleaner with peroxide.
- Sanitary Wipes made available in the pool area in a dispenser similar o the fitness center.
- Maintain Sweep Logs after each cleaning.]
- Public restrooms are to be cleaned every two hours with EPA- approved Ecolab All Purpose Cleaner with Peroxide diluted at a rate of 6 oz. per gallon for all surfaces other than toilets and urinals. Toilets and urinals should be cleaned with EPA- approved Oasis Pro Scrub Free Cleaner and Disinfectant.
- Pay particular attention to disinfecting stall latches, door handles, baby changing stations, sink knobs, soap and paper towel dispensers.
- Ensure soap is refilled and use an anti-bac soap or other sanitizing soap from Ecolab.
- Maintain Sweep Logs after each cleaning.
Elevators and Stairwells | Vending Areas | Guest Laundry
- Clean all interior grab rails, floor indicator buttons, walls, doors, floors, and glass surfaces with EPA- approved Ecolab All Purpose Cleaner with Peroxide diluted at a rate 6 oz. per gallon at least every two hours during peak periods.
- Sanitizing gel station available at every elevator landing.
- Clean all contact surfaces and floors as well as vending machine buttons and ice machine dispensing buttons, chute-lifts, and other points of contact with EPA- approved Ecolab All Purpose Cleaner with Peroxide diluted at a rate of 6 oz. per gallon at least every two hours during peak periods.
- Clean all washing machine lids, doors, buttons and dryer doors, buttons. Ensure any vending in the guest laundry is properly sanitized and all surfaces are wiped down with All Purpose Cleaner and Disinfectant with peroxide.
- Clean all handrails and doorknobs with EPA- approved Ecolab All Purpose Cleaner with Peroxide diluted at a rate of 6 oz. per gallon.
- Increase the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting to at least every two hours during peak periods. Use EPA- approved Ecolab All Purpose Cleaner with Peroxide diluted at a rate of 6 oz. per gallon. Spray the micro-fiber towel, not the surface. Spraying into elevator buttons, on computer keyboards, etc. can cause damage to electric components. Frequently change microfiber cleaning cloths.
- In public areas, use the approved Ecolab Duraloc mops and mop buckets with the proper cleaner and disinfectant.
- It is recommended to use Karcher tile floor cleaners with proper Ecolab disinfectant floor cleaners which pull up contaminated water into a separate reservoir.
- Particular attention to be given to high frequency touch areas such as ATM’s, business center equipment, door handles, elevator buttons, chair arms and backs, adjustments to chair functions, and outlets at common work areas.
- Van disinfected after every trip using EPA- approved Ecolab All Purpose Cleaner with Peroxide diluted at a rate of 6 oz. per gallon and a micro-fiber cleaning cloth.
- Physical distancing should be observed in vans, and only transport a maximum of four guests per van plus the driver to maintain distance. Guests are not permitted in the front passenger seat.
- When taxis, limousines or shuttles other than our own arrive, do not open the vehicle doors.
- Ensure hand sanitizer is in each van for driver or guest use.
- Interior cabin air filters should be changed at least at manufacturer’s recommend period.
- Common use communication devices should be cleaned with a sanitizing wipe prior to use.
Is the fitness area open for use? Any controls for occupancy or distancing?
Will depend on then-current governmental directives.
What is the Elevator occupancy or distancing?
Will depend on then current governmental directives. Atrium Hospitality’s direction if no other guidance exists is
a maximum of 2 persons per car.
What is the process by which guests can collect ice from public ice machines?
No open bin ice machines are available to guests. Ice machines are disinfected by hotel staff at required frequency, no less than every two hours.
What food service options are expected to be available during our stay?
Guidance compliant with local health code and CDC guidance will be in place when F&B outlets re-open.